Wednesday 28 July 2021

U Khin Tun passed away

It is sad to learn that U Khin Thun, one of the Burmese well-known philatelist, passed away on 27 July 2021 at 7 PM in Meiktila.  U Khin Tun, we called him Par Par Gyi, is the patron of the Myanmar Philatelic Society.  When MPS was established, U Khin Tun was elected as the Vice President of the society.  We personally met several times at his flat, had lunch together and talk about stamps.  I am grateful for the literature of Burmese philately he shared with me, so I can started my study. 

Par Par Gyi contributed many research works and articles in Burma Peacock and Burma Fantail philatelic journals.  It is a great loss to Burmese Philatelic communities.My deepest condolences are with his family.  May his soul rest in peace.

U Wint Khine, Ko Toe, U Bo Bo, Late U Khin Tun, Late U Kyaw Han <from left to right>


No comments:

Post a Comment