Thursday 21 March 2024

Postal Museum, Taipei

I had the wonderful opportunity to explore the Postal Museum Taipei on August 17, 2023, following my visit to the Taipei 2023 39th Asian International Stamp Exhibition. Situated at 45 Chong Qing South Road, Section 2, Taipei 100, this captivating museum operates from Tuesday to Sunday, welcoming visitors from 9 AM to 5 PM, with the last admission at 4:30 PM. Keep in mind that the museum is closed every Monday, as well as the day following national and folk holidays.

Upon entering, I was greeted by several floors of fascinating exhibits, with the philatelic library occupying the highest floor. The museum's blend of permanent and temporary displays immediately caught my attention. From mail sorting machines to the tools used in this process, the exhibits vividly portrayed how mail was handled and delivered over time. Additionally, the museum houses a collection of valuable philatelic relics that truly captivate stamp enthusiasts.

One of the highlights of my visit was encountering my big brother, Mr. Mah Lang Moh, from the Chinese Taipei Philatelic Federation at the museum. His insights and knowledge about the exhibits added a rich layer to my experience. It was truly a fruitful day of exploration and learning.

During my visit, I had the chance to capture some memorable moments, and I'm excited to share a glimpse of my experience through the photos I took at the Postal Museum Taipei.

Building where Postal Museum located


Mail Bags


Philatelic Library








































No comments:

Post a Comment